Here at Hippo Roofing we offer two different types of roofing.
Defender Roof – This is our metal roof brand.
Shield Roof – This is our brand of shingle roofing.
It’s important to us to offer both types of roofing to homeowners so they have a choice in their roofing type from the best roofer in Melbourne. And while we stand behind both of our high quality products, we want to take some time to highlight the metal roofing that we offer.
Metal Roofing from Hippo Roofing
When it comes to roofing, it’s easy to see just how great metal roofs can be. However, homeowners are worried about the look of their home with a metal roof versus a single roof. With Hippo Roofing, you can get a functional metal roof that is also aesthetically pleasing. Here are some other great benefits that metal roofs offer.
- Durability – In Florida, we can experience extremely high winds due to hurricanes and tropical storms. Shingle roofing can only take so much, so having a metal roof to protect your home is a much stronger option.
- Time – The average shingle roof has a lifespan of 20 years, but metal roofs have a lifespan of 40 to 50 years. With a metal roof, you get so much more time than you would with a shingle roof.
- Energy Efficient – Because metal roofs can reflect heat, they tend to be more energy efficient than shingle roofing, which absorbs heat.
- Solar Panel Installation – Metals roofs make it easier to install solar panels onto your roof. Not only is the roof energy efficient as is, but the added solar panels will help you save more energy and money as well.
- Insurance Discounts – Due to their durability, many insurance companies are offering homeowners discounts on their homeowner’s insurance for installing a metal roof. Be sure to ask your insurance agent about this.
- Easier Installation – Generally, you can install a metal roof right over your old shingles, thus eliminating the shingle tear-off aspect of your roofing project.
- Lower Maintenance – Metal roofs require almost no maintenance. They are dependable and durable and can easily be cleaned with water. Though, frequent inspections are still recommended for warranty reasons.
- Greater ROI – Initially, a metal roof will be more expensive, but between the lower energy costs, fewer maintenance needs, and extended longevity, the return on investing in a metal roof is undeniable. The average return on investment for people who live on the east coast is 95.5 percent.
Metal Roof Installation Contractors
If you have been wondering whether or not a metal roof is a better choice than shingles, then we hope this blog helped you. Our goal is to educate our customers and provide clear, concise information that allows them to form questions about their roof or upcoming roofing installation. It is also important to us to be as transparent with our customers as possible, so youcan rest assured that you’ve chosen the right roofing contractor.
If you’re looking for a roofing company or are interested in metal roofing, please don’t hesitate to contact us today. We would be happy to provide you with answers to any questions you may have, and we also offer free quotes. Contact us today!